PDA

View Full Version : Nagels wrijven

Raymond79
8 november 2003, 20:28
Dit heb ik gekopieerd van Hairlosstalk.com, het gaat over een man die zegt al jaren lang kaal te zijn en nu hergroei heeft. Hij wrijft elke dag voor 2 x 5 minuten met zijn nagels over elkaar. dit klinkt erg belachelijk en is het misschien ook. Maar ik weet uit ervaring dat reflexologie wonderen kan doen. Ik heb een tijd last gehad van nekpijn en toen heeft ook iemand "een punt" op mijn voetzool behandeld en hierdoor is bij mij de pijn overgegaan.

Ik heb het net 5 minuten gedaan en moet zeggen dat in ieder geval wel merkt dat het ontspannend werkt en er een "lekkere tinteling" door je handen stroomt.

few weeks ago, I asked the following question: How long for baby hair to become visible mature hair?

I have been experiencing some regrowth and was curious about what kind of timeline I'm looking at. I should say that I am patient; I'm just happy to see some new growth!

I want to use this thread to track my progress. I didn't want to post too soon because I wanted to put some time under my belt and make sure the results were real, and not imaginary.

How did it get started?
About 8+ weeks ago, I was researching relaxation techniques. I did a lot of reading about reflexology and came across Mildred Carter's, Hand Reflexology: Key to Perfect Health. The book covers how reflexology may benefit certain conditions, one of which is hair loss. In this brief section, the author describes a hand exercise that can be done to grow/maintain hair.

The Exercise
I'll try to explain the exercise, "buffing nails," (without the book; it was a library copy, which I no longer have access to). To do the exercise, put your hands together in front of you, fingernails touching the fingernails of the other hand (elbows about a 90-degree angle; thumbs straight out, resting on your index fingers). Rub your fingernails together "vigorously" (up and down in short, quick motions). It was recommended to do this exercise for at least 5 minutes, 3 times per day.

My Condition
I'm 35 and have been thinning/balding for about 16 years, so the top of my head is pretty well, completely bald. I once tried Revivogen (several years ago) religiously for 6 months with no results so I got my money back. I haven't been serious enough to take any of the medications, so I've avoided them.

My Routine
For a little over 8 weeks now, I've been doing the exericise at least twice a day (morning and evening; I try to do it mid-day, but don't always) for 5 to 6 minutes. Right now, I'm trying to add a couple 2-minutes exercises mid-morning and mid-afternoon to see if that will help further. I am not practicing any other hairloss treatments.

BTW, when I first started doing the exercise, I felt silly. In fact, I told my wife, "You don't have to tell anyone that I 'buff my nails.'" She said, "Don't worry!" But I figured it didn't cost me anything to try it, so I did.

My Results
Within 2 weeks, I noticed a light covering of short, tiny blonde hairs over the entire bald/thinning area on the top of my head.

In week 6, I noticed that some of the hairs were maturing and were brown (the color of my hair).

Now, in my 9th week, there are even more light brown (longer) hairs, and the covering of blonde hairs are thickening (many of them getting longer). I'm pleased with the coverage, so far. The toughest area of regrowth is the very front of my scalp, which was the first to go 16 years ago. There's regrowth there, but it's still in it's earliest stages.

It's still not visible enough for others to notice - at least no one has said anything to me. My wife says she's noticed the growth, but she is aware of my routine, so she knows what to look for.

I definately have a long way to go before I claim success, but for now, I'm extremely happy and excited about the possibilities. I'm not sure what to expect. I hope the growth will continue toward complete regrowth. At this point, I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen. I'll keep you posted.

Let me know if you need any questions. Thanks!