PDA

View Full Version : FLEX S en PEZ van WSMR

RICK
26 november 2002, 12:14
[informatie] Algemene informatie van HLH (http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_news/synthetic_peptide.cfm)
[informatie] Algemene informatie van HS (http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article229.htm)
[informatie] Foto's van mogelijke gebruiker (http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article259a.htm)

Archiefversie van de officiële website:
http://web.archive.org/web/20021010080025/www.hairswitch.com/home_body.htm

Over WSMR (Western States Medical Research):
http://www.hairtransplant.net/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=15862
http://forum.salusmaster.com/index.php?showtopic=1223&mode=threaded
http://www.drgho.com/m607hm65/_disc607/000000e1.htm

Gebruikerservaringen:
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=8&topic_id=24930&mesg_id=24930&listing_type=search

Hier wat interessante FAQ's,

What is FLEX S1, 2?
Flexible Peptide S or FLEX S1, 2 are two versions of synthetic polypeptides (chains of amino acids in a specific sequence) that are applied to the scalp to stimulate hair growth over the entire scalp, not just the crown. They are named for their flexible characteristics when binding to the hair follicle cells.

How does FLEX S1, 2 work?
Our researchers have found that DHT (dihydrotestosterone) hormone levels play a key role in the slow development of male pattern baldness, but there are other negative factors that "shut down" the hair follicle much faster by binding to a specific cellular receptor site on the surface of the hair follicle cells.

Once these negative factors bind to the specific receptor site and "switch off" the follicle, hair loss and thinning of the hair diameter can occur at a frightening rate.

FLEX S1, 2 work directly on these hair follicle scalp receptors and "switch on" the hair follicle. This not only places the follicles back into growth phase but stimulates the follicle to increase back to a normal diameter and colour.

What about the slick bald areas or temples, does FLEX S1, 2 work there?

We have found FLEX S1, 2 to initiate hair growth in all areas of the human scalp with equal potency. Furthermore, our researchers have found that even in slick bald areas of the scalp, all of the hair follicles remain, though in a miniaturized state. It now appears that all of the hair may be restored with continued application.

How well does FLEX S1, 2 work?

Growth in all subjects occurred within 40 days over the entire scalp. Tiny vellus hairs began to become darkly coloured and large (terminal) at approximately 90 days of application, please see the Photo section.

How long will it take to restore full density of hair?

That would depend on several factors, though our current theory estimates it to take between one third (1/3) and one half (1/2) of the time that a patient was losing their hair to replenish the scalp to full density. This may change as research proceeds.

Once available, will I have to use the treatment forever?

Once hair is restored to a cosmetically acceptable result, it is anticipated that the patient would have to continue application to ensure continued hair growth.

These are the questions that we are working hard at in a research setting now.

How often was FLEX S1, 2 applied?

In the initial study, the FLEX S synthetic peptides were applied in our SeaGulls delivery vehicle nightly.

Were there any negative side effects noted?

The only negative side effect noted was a contact rash in 5% of the subjects.

Is FLEX S1, 2 effective in other forms of hair loss?

We are currently testing other Flexible and Folding peptides in other forms of alopecia, but it is too early to determine effectiveness at this stage.

Artikel op http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_news/Synthetic_Peptide.cfm

October 07, 2002 - Early clinical trials of a synthetic peptide are showing promise in regrowing hair in people suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia, a condition that affects 50 million men and 30 million women in America. WSMR's investigators have designed a synthetic peptide that activates an obscure receptor that sits on the surface of a patient's own hair follicle cells. This peptide was then used to activate the patient's hair follicles into growth phase.

The study demonstrates that it is possible to get the human hair follicle to recognize a synthetic peptide and the message from that peptide. The synthetic peptide sequence is called Flexible Peptide S (FLEX S) and is named due to its flexible binding characteristics on the hair follicle cells.

There are currently two separate sequences of FLEX S, both of which switch the hair follicle into growth phase.

"It now appears that we can restore all of the follicles on the scalp to a healthy condition, the implications are profound" said Slobodan Jankovic, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Centre for Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Dean of Medical Faculty, University of Kragujevac Yugoslavia and Scientific advisor to WSMR.

Jankovic went on to say "This indicates that even in slick balding areas of the scalp the follicles are just miniaturized and can be switched back on with the right synthetic peptide messenger."

All of the patients received a topical mixture containing the designer peptide (FLEX S) and a special liposome like adjuvant to enhance its uptake by the hair follicle.

"Safety isn't a problem, because the peptide is too large to get from the scalp into systemic circulation. It is almost like nature intended this peptide to induce hair re-growth and not get to the rest of the body." Said S.L (Bob) Hsia, Ph.D. Professor of Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery, liposome and skin biology expert from the University of Miami School of Medicine.

Dr. Hsia who also is a scientific advisor to WSMR, went on to say "The special design of the topical vehicle to take the FLEX S peptide to the hair follicle is key to the effectiveness."

"This synthetic peptide is amazing, it acts just like a "hair switch" turning on the follicles and making them begin growing hair again." Commented John Emerson, M.D. a practicing plastic surgeon and member of the Scientific Advisory Board of WSMR.

But Darren Green, Press consultant for WSMR cautioned, "Yes, it does appear that we have found a safe and completely effective treatment for hair loss, but constructing complex synthetic peptides like FLEX S 1 & 2 is currently very expensive. The product could not become commercially available until the cost can be reduced from the current level of almost $500 per month."

Klinkt allemaal wel hoopvol, weet iemand hier iets meer over?

Robert18
13 december 2002, 14:50
Wat vinden jullie nou van die peptiden (Flex S wordt het ook wel genoemt geloof ik?) Is dit het wondermiddel waar we allemaal op wachten? Sommigen zeggen dat het allemaal een hoax is. Anderen spreken dit weer tegen. Dit las ik in een post op www.hairsite.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's easy to determine if WSMR is the real deal.
Date: 12/7/2002
Time: 8:05:24 PM
Remote Name: 24.46.52.228

Comments
Please... enough with the "WSMR is a hoax" nonsense. It's childish. Western States Medical Rearch does NOT deal with the public directly. It's a RESEARCH firm... not a marketing firm. It's NOT a public company, and they're not structured to deal with the public. That's why they don't offer a phone number. They don't want thousands of inquiries... they just want to oversea the biotech research performed by selected independent scientists worldwide. That's why they provide a link to Rubin & Rudman. Rubin & Rudman is one of the largest and most respected law firms in Boston, with a large Biotechnology department. Rubin & Rudman would only represent a HIGHLY CREDIBLE company like WSMR. Rubin & Rudman would never represent a "hoax." This is so insane. I deal with R & R all the time. I've even been to their offices. Anyone on this board can contact them. So where's the mystery??????
WSMR - the future is bright
Date: 12/8/2002
Time: 11:50:02 AM
Remote Name: 172.182.68.133

Comments
First of all - please note: ......WSMR is a "Drug discovery company" - they don't do PR.

Now that they have developed the S1 peptide to their satisfaction they are currently in negotiations with some major pharmaceuticals in order to develop the product for worldwide distribution. They are hoping that which ever company takes on the product - they will find a way to streamline the costs and be able to push it out for less than the current $500 - which is the actual cost of developing a months supply of the peptide solution.

Once this is achieved - the product will be available worldwide. There's no 'ifs' or 'buts' - and no need for speculation - the product is already out there - that is why glaxo have decided against releasing Advo for MPB - becuase the hype alone within the pharmaceutical industry points to a peptide takeover which will make pills such as propecia yesterdays snake oils.

please don't waste time on speculation - there is no need for it.
Wow!
Date: 12/8/2002
Time: 1:16:51 PM
Remote Name: 64.228.224.107

Comments
I am overwhelmed by the evidence you are providing! With all this hype surrounding this product, it's no surprise they don't need to test it before knowing that it works so well. Hey! If everybody is talking about it, then how can it not work!

You really opened my eyes! The mere fact that Glaxo is not releasing dutasteride for MPB is proof that this peptide works, and that the days of baldness are numbered!

It's amazing how great you can make yourself feel just by surfing the net!

take kare!

tk421

Toch wel weer enigszins hoopgevend, niet? Wat vinden/verwachten jullie van dit produkt?

WSMR Website (onlangs vernieuwd): http://www.hairswitch.com

alberto
6 januari 2003, 18:40
Als dit bericht klopt komt peptide eraan :) Nou alleen nog hopen dat het werkt en betaalbaar is.

http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=213&forum=DCForumID5

wsmr update"

I just got this info from another forum. I copied and pasted it: it is a auto reply somebody got from wsmr --

doug
unregistered user
01-06-03, 02:53 AM (EST)

"wsmr update"

I just got this info from another forum. I copied and pasted it: it is a auto reply somebody got from wsmr --

This is from somebody else not me but its interesting if true:

Auto reply from WSMR

Thank you for your interest in our company during this holiday season, please accept our apology for a slow response to the many questions.

The board has adjourned until January 9, 2003. We anticipate having before and after pictures for our hair peptide technology, as well as other updates to the site at this time...

Please look for national (USA) coverage of one of our products in the first quarter of next year, as well as a major pharmaceutical partner.

alberto
12 januari 2003, 09:26
Op het moment lopen er diverse threads op hairsite over onregelmatigheden bij hairswitch WSMR. Het kon wel eens niet zijn wat wij er van verwachten.

Eerst een email van david (hairsite) dat de er een kleine vertraging is maar dat de communicatie met wsmr goed is:
http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=66&forum=DCForumID2

Maar dan komt het: scam ?
http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=68&forum=DCForumID2
http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=71&forum=DCForumID2
http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=77&forum=DCForumID2
http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=78&forum=DCForumID2

Nate
13 januari 2003, 10:19
Alberto,
Ik heb de threadhs niet allemaal goed doorgelezen maar wat moeten we er nou van verwachten dan?
Wat klopt er nu niet helemaal aan het wsmr verhaal ?

Natuurlijk is het altijd afwachten met nieuwe producten totdat je ze zelf hebt uitgeprobeerd maar ik hoop toch dat het mogelijk wat kan zijn.

Russel

Nate
13 januari 2003, 17:37
Farrel van HLH heeft foto's gezien van een testpatient.Hij was niet erg onder de indruk van de peptide maar er was wel hergroei na 5mnd.Ongeveer dezelfde resultaten als spooky met zijn zinc formule.Het bestaat dan toch wel degelijk.
We zullen wel zien.

alberto
13 januari 2003, 17:48
Hoi Russel

Het komt erop neer dat een paar oprichters van wsmr in het verleden "fout" zijn geweest.
- John Emersons licentie is ingetrokken.
- Green en Skinner hebben al acht bedrijven gehad die vreemd geeindigd zijn.
- Skinners licentie is ingetrokken
- verder geen patent aanvraag

Maar op het moment duikt iedereen erop en is er in het weekend een hele ophef over geweest.
Omdat er natuurlijk zoveel zg "wondermiddelen" zijn staat iedereen er erg wantrouwend tegenover en willen liefst direkt bewijs zien dat het werkt. Dit krijgen ze natuurlijk niet.

Hairsite gaat nu bellen met wsmr om e.e.a. op te helderen. Het kan heel goed zijn dat er niets aan de hand is. Het verleden van de mensen hoeft ook geen probleem te zijn als het product maar werkt.

We zullen even moeten afwachten dan horen we het wel.
Laten we hopen dat het allemaal goed afloopt.

Samenvatting van hairsite:
http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=107&forum=DCForumID2

alberto
13 januari 2003, 17:58
Originally posted by Russel
Farrel van HLH heeft foto's gezien van een testpatient.

Kijk daar hebben we wat aan. :)
Waar heb je dat vandaan ?

alberto
14 januari 2003, 08:38
Post van Trey een van de deelnemers aan de "flex type 2" trial.

http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=118&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0&viewmode=threaded

Update on WSMR peptide"

(this same post will be posted on Hairsite, Hairlosshelp, #####, and alt.baldspot today by me)
Okay,

I emailed WSMR over the weekend as promised and had two conversations with them on the phone today. Here is an update on what is going on.

1. WSMR say they have not “dissolved” and are still working with the same doctors and moving forward with their peptide development.

2. The Flex 1 trial is now complete after a 6 month trial with 15 trialists. It ended in December. All 15 trialists had positive results, which will be posted on their web site very soon, probably this month. Their growth, however, is continuing.

3. Pictures will be updated as well, probably late next week.

4. Pants and I, and two others were never on Flex 1, but rather Flex 2. We are not part of the 15 trialists in Colorado. The difference between Flex 1 and 2 is that Flex 2 binds for 7 minutes instead of 15 seconds (the web site may say even more about this). I wanted Flex 2 since, in theory, it should work even better than Flex 1.

5. Pants and I (and the two other Flex 2 users) will be able to report our results to you on March 1st. -- an easy date to remember.

6. David Tse (moderator and owner of Hairsite) has been offered a three month supply and will be able to freely post his results without breaking any NDA contract. What David does is up to him, but I know the offer is there.

7. Neither the 15 trialists, nor the 4 of us on Flex 2 ever paid for the peptide.

8. They are not taking any new trialists at this point because they are monitoring the situation with the four of us on Flex 2 to decide the best way to move forward (Flex 1 versus Flex 2). We got a later start than did the Flex 1 trialists, and our peptide was adjusted once for the ph level to be correct.

9. They have received several hate emails from forum posters.

10. With me moving offices, packing, overloaded with work, and with a date of March 1 now set, I won’t be able to answer all of the questions that may result from this post, so please understand that. I look forward, to March 1, however, when we can finally, freely talk about our results. If I were in your shoes I would have grown impatient as well.

Okay, that’s all I can think of for now. The call with WSMR was only one of a slew of calls I had to make today, so I didn’t have a lot of time. It will be nice when the web site is updated so that more of your questions will be answered.

God bless and I’ll talk to you all when I can,

Trey

Nate
14 januari 2003, 16:18
Bedankt Alberto voor de vele informatie.

Dat verhaal van farrel staat gewoon op het forum,maar dat zul je al wel gevonden hebben.

alberto
22 januari 2003, 23:55
Update over WSMR door Hairsite

http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=234&forum=DCForumID2

HairSite
01-22-03, 04:44 PM (EST)

"WSMR update -"

I am NOT going to make any conclusions one way or another, just relating what I was told.
I have been in contact with 3 WSMR trialists (not Trey or Pants) since the negative news about WSMR broke out about two weeks ago. I have known 2 of the three trialists for a while, long before we came to know about WSMR's peptide treatment. I came into contact with the third trialist soon after news about WSMR peptide treatment broke out on the internet.

I did not initiate contacts with these three trialists. They were kind enough to contact me on their own accord after they read the negative news two weeks ago.

All three trialists have nothing but good things to say about one of the scientists behind WSMR. They all vouched that this scientist is genuine about finding a cure for hair loss, he is very knowledgeble and is one of the rare scientists who is willing to think outside the box so to speak. They also said that this scientist or researcher has been heavily involved since the beginning of their trials and is really passionate about monitoring the trial's progress and adjusting the formula when necessary. All three said they have no reasons to believe that the peptide treatment is a scam.

I was told that they are still learning as they go along but somehow my "PERSONAL FEELING" is that they are all making "satisfactory" progress since they changed the formula.

One trialist said he was given the ok by WSMR to speak about results if he chooses to. However, he indicated that he'd rather have HairSite relate "briefly" his results than posting directly in the forum. This trialist said he did not see noticeable results the first month. But ever since they fixed the pH balance, added DMSO and Dermaroller, he has been seeing steady results - results that are to his satisfaction.

That's all and THAHKS to the three trialists who contacted me. Much appreciated !

HairSite

Robert18
23 januari 2003, 20:58
Ik vind het erg jammer dat er op Haarweb geen discussie is over dit onderwerp! Haarweb laat het hier echt afweten vergeleken met Hairsite, dat vinnik erg jammer. Misschien proberen op één of andere manier meer mensen informeren over deze site en proberen de discussies aan te zwengelen? Zou alleen maar goed zijn denk ik. Ik durf te wedden dat de meeste mensen die alleen op Haarweb komen geen FLAUW idee hebben wat nou de situatie is met de peptiden van WSMR, laat staan dat ze er iets over gehoord hebben.

Rocco
8 februari 2003, 00:37
Dat is toekomstmuziek Robert. Je moet het nu doen met de middelen die voor handen zijn.

Robert18
8 februari 2003, 15:34
ALS Flex S écht bestaat is het geen toekomst muziek. Zeker niet. De vraag is of we nou met een echt bestaand produkt te maken hebben die op dit moment getest word, of dat het hele verhaal een scam is. Als het allemaal echt waar is dan is Flex S in 1-2 jaar verkrijgbaar schat ik.

En voor mij zijn er geen huidige middelen. Ik ga echt niet met Finas/Duta m'n hormoonhuishouding in de war gooien. Ik ben pas 19.

Rocco
9 februari 2003, 14:29
Als het allemaal echt waar is dan is Flex S in 1-2 jaar verkrijgbaar schat ik.

Als ze zoiets beweren, dan houdt er maar rekening mee dat het dan ongeveer 3-4 jaar zal duren.

En voor mij zijn er geen huidige middelen. Ik ga echt niet met Finas/Duta m'n hormoonhuishouding in de war gooien. Ik ben pas 19

Alles blijft nog altijd een EIGEN keuze Robert, inderdaad, niemand zou met zijn hormonen willen spelen, maar men heeft geen keus.

De ware middelen ( ! ) zullen pas over een jaar of 7-10 op de markt komen.

Groetjes

pindakaas
29 augustus 2003, 21:08
Weet iemand hier al iets meer over?!
Is het al op de markt etc....?

Nate
29 augustus 2003, 22:11
Hoi,

WSMR is een lachertje,beloofde van alles met hun flex1,slechte voor en na foto,s.Kosten zouden $500 voor 3mnd flex zijn.
En dan die Darren Green van WSMR,hij heeft al verscheidene zaakjes gehad volgens insiders van HLH,niet te vertrouwen.

Toch beweren ze nu weer een nieuwe peptide te hebben die echt moet werken,2 leden van HLH testen deze op dit moment maar het is een raar zaakje.

pindakaas
22 november 2003, 00:13
mmmm... nog meer goede produkten...?
http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article259a.htm

pindakaas
25 november 2003, 17:00
Tuesday November 25, 2003 1:59 AM (NEW!)

I normally don't have time to post on all three HLH, HS and HLT because of the hassle, but this time I will because I have friends who go to each.

I spoke to WSMR today and here is the latest.

There was no attempt to deny any of the info in the Rocky Mountain News article and basically I think we are wasting our time if we try to rationalize away the past of some of the primaries involved in WSMR. It is what it is. Some will completely stay away from anything that company comes out with, and that is their choice -- they may some day be happy for it -- we'll all have to see.

However, regarding the PEZ, I am supposed to be getting a supply this week and starting the unofficial trial, along with the guys I mail it to. Unlike the last trial, I made sure we WILL be able to tell of our results DURING the trial instead of having any kind of gag order until a certain date (last time it was March 1, I believe).

So as often as we want, we can tell you guys what is going on, and I will do so at least weekly -- I can't speak for the others. Yes, I'm moving forward despite the bad news in the article JTR posted.

Before and after pictures will be posted as well, although I personally asked if my "before" pictures not be posted until the "after" pictures are ready because frankly I HATE the way my hair loss looks and don't want it plastered on the Net in case I get NO results. It's bad enough to have to look at it in the mirror without having it online for others to gawk at.

People can do what they want, say what they want, conclude what they want, or debate what they want, but I for one just want to see if I can get anything CLOSE to what we saw in those photos.

I also found out something else about the peptide: I was incorrect in stating that it puts the follicle into anagen phase permanently (while treatment is continued). This is not what happens. The follicle WILL cycle, according to them, and here is the email I got in response to that question (ellipses are NOT added):

------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Trey,

The peptide does not keep the follicles in anagen all the time..it just
allows them to enter a normal cycle...and as you can easily see....the
hairs
emerge from the scalp as vellus hairs..it does take several weeks
(8-12) to
become terminal..but they do pigment and become terminal...they enter a
normal cycle and there is normal fall out ...though the typical 90%
remain
in anagen and strong anagen....

--------------------------------------------------------------

There is an official trial that started last Friday with a company that is showing interest in the peptide. Those trialists are under the typical parameters for treatment trialists. We four, however, are obviously not. Foolish on our part? Possibly. But I'm sick and tired of losing hair and wondering if I could possibly get results like we saw in those photos. I'll take the risk and ask no one else to. I just want to put this whole WSMR thing to rest once and all for myself. I know for some it is already dead and gone, but I'm going to try it.

I also asked them about what happens to the guys they had who shelled out $500 for the stuff in the past -- will they get the stronger PEZ now? and they said they are already getting it. If ANYONE on these boards paid any money to WSMR for previous versions of this peptide you should have already been contacted by them to get on the newer stuff -- one longtime regular who is very trusted by these boards is in this position. I'll let HIM decide if he wants to come forward. He came to me last year to see if he could get some. I told him that he should at LEAST wait and see if I get any results for FREE before spending any money. He said for him it was worth the risk, and went ahead and went for it. From what I know, I think he didn't get any results, but is now getting the new, stronger stuff and is, like me, hoping for the best.

If ANYONE has felt that they have been ripped off by WSMR in any way, I want them to post that here, because I would be very interested in learning about it, obviously.

Now, regarding all of this that is going on between the different hair loss boards, I want to say something:

I have dealt with Kevin (HLT), David (HS), and Farrel (HLH) and I must say that I have NEVER had a problem with any of them, nor have I found any of them to be sleazy or trying to pull anything over on anyone. When I first started posting to alt.baldspot I thought Farrel and Kevin were buddies and was shocked when I found out they didn't get along. Now I see more friction between the boards. I don't get it. Farrel and I had a conversation on the phone last year and he expressed serious concerns about WSMR. Frankly he made some good points and there were things that I couldn't answer. But I accepted his point of view and thought him to be a rational, reasonable person. Kevin also comes across to me like a guy who is honest and just wanting to run his site to help guys who are losing their hair. And of course David has always been very helpful and above-board. I really would love to see ALL hair loss web sites shut down in the near future because of a LACK OF NEED (right everyone? -- I'm sure those three guys would agree since the only way that will happen is if we have a REAL treatment/cure for this mess we are in).

Bottom line:

--Me and the other three will soon be starting our trials again and can freely talk about our experience AS WE GO.

--One of the four of us has actually developed a closer relationship with WSMR than me and has delved even deeper into the science behind it all, which has convince him even more that this has great potential, even though the "background" of some people there is obviously a problem. By the way, one of the reasons I have not written off PEZ is because of this guy, (one of us four) who has spent YEARS running down every lead possible with a passion that surpasses mine and with more scientific knowledge than me. If you saw the list of people he's traveled to meet with you would all be impressed. He helped me get in touch with Bazan a couple of years ago when I was going to be a trialist there. Since then Bazan has proven disappointing and also this PEZ came into the picture.

--Our before and after pictures will be posted if we see any results. If this thing is a bust, though, my pictures are not going anywhere for personal reasons.

--I'm not going to be dragged into ANY debates about being a plant of WSMR, which is completely laughable by anyone who has been around these boards for the 3+ years that I've been around here. None of us had even HEARD of WSMR until last year. Exerting just a tiny bit of energy looking up past posts will testify to that, as will any conversation with Kevin, David or Farrel (as well as any one of a hundred of the regulars in this arena). I have more to do than debate PEZ with anyone. My mind will be made up based on this trial.

--I'm hoping for SOMETHING, despite all of the negative publicity this has received from the beginning.

--RESULTS from the four of us will by no means PROVE to the skeptics that this stuff works. But for myself, I'm eager to see. However, a LACK of results would obviously be a bad sign. Listen, though, if I get results, I'll be so happy that it wouldn't matter to me if every last poster on all the boards doubted my results, for quite obvious reasons -- I'd feel great about my results.

--Anyone who HAS paid thus far needs to stay on top of this and let all of us know how you have been treated and what is being done about it. I know there were guys who paid last year and I want to know what became of them (besides the regular I mentioned earlier in this post).

I want to thank those of you who have posted positive things about me as a person, because despite the semi-anonymity we have here, it is nice to know that honesty is recognized. As for those of you who throw suspicions upon me, pants, or the other two, in every case it's been a newbie, so for you I can understand the suspicions; after all we've all had hopes dashed in the past and so we get used to scammers posting great claims and then disappearing; notice, though, that last time, we clearly stated that the Flex did NOTHING; you have my word that we will be as honest this time around. I have no anger toward those who want to attack. I just want hair back.

God bless and no matter what comes of this latest trial, let's keep pushing forward for a treatment that will get us some results (TB4 and PS1 do look promising); I think peptides will definitely play a role in our future, whether it is PEZ or not. I guess we'll find out soon enough....

Talk to you all later,

Trey

Proverbs 13:12

Edited: Tuesday November 25, 2003 at 2:11 AM by Trey

Rollercoaster
11 maart 2004, 00:27
Hallo,

ik ben nieuw hier maar kom op diverse engelstalige websites.
Mijn vraag is de volgende: Zijn er lezers die bekend zijn met de Pez peptide van WSMR? Zo ja,wat zijn je gedachten hierover?
Zijn er mensen die meer info over deze peptide hebben?

Vriendelijk dank voor je antwoord, grtz,rollercoaster.

Tiuri
17 december 2005, 00:19
Ik schop even deze oude thread omhoog.

Ik heb me hier even in verdiept, ook wat over opgezocht op de amerikaanse sites (zie eerste post van deze thread), en WAT EEN RAAR verhaal is dit!! Ik kan er niet echt chocola van maken. :confused: Wie weet wat er precies met dit middel gebeurd is? Iemand die dit toen misschien gevolgd heeft? Robert18?

flappie
17 december 2005, 10:43
Is pez niet een of ander soort snoepje?
http://www.nassaucandysouth.com/pez%20blister%20emergency%20heroes.jpg.

Zal wel toeval zijn :P.

Tiuri
17 december 2005, 16:24
Hehe :)

Goed ik heb dit even verder uitgezocht en het is één en al vreemdheid en tegenstrijdigheden. Kort samengevat zou het bedrijf Western States Medical Research (WSMR) een drietal middelen ('peptides') hebben ontwikkeld tegen haargroei: Flexible Peptide S1 (FLEX S1), Flexible Peptide S2 (FLEX S2) en later ook Folding Peptide Z (PEZ).

Over het bedrijf WSMR is al veel te doen. Het schijnt dat je in de VS toestemming nodig hebt van de federatie om de naam "Western States" te mogen gebruiken. De een zegt dat ze dat hadden (zie hier (http://www.hairsite8.com/m601hm64/_disc601/0000041e.htm)), de ander niet. Weer anderen trekken het bestaan van dat hele bedrijf in twijfel. Lees bijvoorbeeld deze post (http://forum.salusmaster.com/index.php?showtopic=1223&mode=threaded) op een ander forum, die knakker heeft toch een goed verhaal. Hij beweert dat WSMR is opgezet door Darren F. Green en Keith K. Skinner, mogelijke beroepsoplichters.

Aan de andere kant lijkt het wel alsof er echte doktoren bij dit project betrokken waren, zoals Slobodan M Jankovic (zie hier (http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_news/synthetic_peptide.cfm)). Maargoed, het is wel een arts uit Servië & Montenegro, een vrij obscuur land. En wie weet is dit gewoon een foto van heel iemand anders en hebben de oplichters deze arts gewoon verzonnen.

WSMR heeft vervolgens een website gelanceerd, www.hairswitch.com. Helaas bestaat deze site niet meer, maar ik heb grote delen ervan terug kunnen vinden via archive.org. :cool: Zie hier (http://web.archive.org/web/20021010080025/www.hairswitch.com/home_body.htm).

Deze website maakt een uiterst onprofessionele indruk. Het staat vol met ferme uitspraken en voorbarige conclusies die een serieus bedrijf NOOIT zou plaatsen, bijvoorbeeld: "We have found FLEX S1, 2 to initiate hair growth in all areas of the human scalp with equal potency. Furthermore, our researchers have found that even in slick bald areas of the scalp, all of the hair follicles remain, though in a miniaturized state. It now appears that all of the hair may be restored with continued application. Growth in all subjects occurred within 40 days over the entire scalp. Tiny vellus hairs began to become darkly coloured and large (terminal) at approximately 90 days of application." Net of ik SonofSam hoor praten! :D
Bij PEZ staat er zelfs: "This folding action combined with improved active sites on the peptide itself make Folding Peptide Z over 4000 fold (mathematically) more potent than Flex S 1 or 2." Vierduizend keer, dat is nogal wat! :rolleyes:
Ook is het nogal vreemd wat ze over hun eigen kantoor zeggen: "WSMR Biotechnology's Divisions administrative offices are housed our 9000 sq. ft, 2.0 million dollar facility, in Denver, Colorado." Erg raar om te vermelden! :confused:

Het komt bij mij over als een soort Amerikaanse versie van de SOS-pil eigenlijk. :) Vage verhalen en te mooie beloftes. Op een gegeven moment kregen mensen via HairSite ook de mogelijkheid zich op te geven voor een trial. Dit (http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article259a.htm) zouden foto's zijn van een gebruiker. Er zijn op de Amerikaanse forums mensen die het gebruikt hebben en geen van allen meldt positieve resultaten. Overigens beweren ze allemaal ook dat ze gratis mee mochten doen en dat ze NIET betaald hebben. Anderen beweren weer dat veel mensen 500 dollar per maand (!!) hebben betaald.

Hoe het dus precies zit weet ik niet. In juli 2003 ging de website van WSMR ineens uit de lucht en verder is er niets meer van vernomen... :)

Nate
17 december 2005, 17:04
Hey...,

Ik weet nog dat iemand op zoek is gegaan naar hun "dure kantoor"....en heeft er een foto van gemaakt....het bleek een oud klein pandje.......waar de letters wsmr..wel op de glazendeur stonden....maar meer ook niet....staat nog wel ergens op hairlosshelp.
En ja die Darren green was betrokken bij meer "handeltjes"....hadden ze van HLH allemaal opgespoord...via internet...soort oplichter...inderdaad vage toestanden.

Russell

Vince001
17 december 2005, 18:43
Anderen beweren weer dat veel mensen 500 dollar per maand (!!) hebben betaald.

Hoe het dus precies zit weet ik niet. In juli 2003 ging de website van WSMR ineens uit de lucht en verder is er niets meer van vernomen...
Hey...,

Ik weet nog dat iemand op zoek is gegaan naar hun "dure kantoor"....en heeft er een foto van gemaakt....het bleek een oud klein pandje.......waar de letters wsmr..wel op de glazendeur stonden....maar meer ook niet....staat nog wel ergens op hairlosshelp.
En ja die Darren green was betrokken bij meer "handeltjes"....hadden ze van HLH allemaal opgespoord...via internet...soort oplichter...inderdaad vage toestanden.
Haha, ze hadden waarschijnlijk nooooit verwacht dat een stelletje kalende freaks op een mooie ochtend met een camera voor de deur zouden staan.

Je gelooft dit soort oplichtingsverhalen nooit totdat je een keertje naar zo'n programma op tv kijkt, "Opgelicht" of zoiets? Vanuit de VS werden mensen benaderd om creditcard gegevens op te geven voordat ze een geweldige prijs in ontvangst konden nemen.... Gaan ze van dat programma een kijkje nemen wie daar nu achter zit en dan blijkt er een heel kantoor te bestaan, compleet met werknemers, die zich full-time met die shit bezighouden.. :confused: :confused:

Tiuri
17 december 2005, 19:06
Ja mensen, het is me allemaal wat. In deze thread op hairlosshelp wordt het allemaal nog eens goed uitgelegd:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=28052&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Het schijnt een soort complot te zijn geweest met Hairsite waar gewoon grof geld is verdiend. Kun je nagaan hoe ver sommige mensen kunnen gaan! :confused: :crybaby: Ik vraag me ook nog wel eens af hoe ver Osama was gegaan als we het niet even gecheckt hadden bij het AMC.

Het zit duidelijk vol met oplichters in de wereld, en zeker in deze branche. En ze gaan ontzettend ver. Daarom ben ik ook nog altijd zo blij met Sonic Hedgehog, dat gewoon keurig wordt ontwikkeld door het grote en respectabele bedrijf Procter & Gamble. Natuurlijk kan het met dat middel ook nog mis gaan, maar er zal in ieder geval minder snel over gelogen worden.