Los bericht bekijken
Oud 1 november 2013, 11:53   #2
Hairpilot
HaarWeb lid

Hairpilot's schermafbeelding

Geslacht:
Ik las bijv. dit online.

Citaat:
Can we use expired drugs? Besides reduced efficacy are there any major side effects associated with expired products?
Excluding antibiotics.
Citaat:
As a pharmacist before I became a scientist, in the USA expiration dating is not the true measure of the physical stability of the drug but rather is an estimate in the worst possible storage conditions and accelerated stability testing of the final drug product which simulates by being at 40C and 80% relative humidity for 3 months. Under these conditions it is estimated to simulate 3 years at normal conditions of temperature and humidity. I have tested the physical stability of expired drugs and for some drugs has been over 10 years before the degradation of the drug occurs. I have also seen drugs that are not stable beyond 3 years. The second question is a difficult one to answer since depending upon the degradation product you may have a pharmacological activity however does it create any toxic effects is a question that depends upon the drug itself. In most cases the degradation of the drug is not as toxic as the primary drug and so toxicity is not a problem. One example of a drug that has toxicity upon going past its expiration date is Ascorbic acid or Vitamin C which has been documented to cause kidney damage.
Bron

Quid met multivitamines die vitamine C bevatten.. En quid met fina/duta ?

01/05/2015 Nizoral 1x week

Aanvullend: Centrum multivitamine, vitamine D, omega 3, BioSil
Mijn situatie
Hairpilot is offline   Met citaat reageren