Reageren

Discussietools Discussie waarderen Weergave
Oud 29 januari 2014, 15:18   #1
Webmaster
Your friendly webmaster

Webmaster's schermafbeelding

Geslacht:
Pullfreeatlast (eindelijk trekvrij)

Tijdens het googlen naar het verband tussen trichotillomanie en misbruik, stuitte ik op deze site:

http://www.pullfreeatlast.com/

Interessante artikelen, waaronder deze:

http://www.pullfreeatlast.com/tricho...illomania.html

Iemand die uit ervaring met haarzelf en vele anderen weet (wat de wetenschap ook mag beweren) dat er zoveel 'op de (emotionele) achtergrond' meespeelt m.b.t. het ontstaan van TTM. Blijkbaar gebruikt ze die kennis/zienswijze/ervaring ook in haar therapieën, met succes.

Het is hoopvol om te lezen dat er blijkbaar veel mensen in staat zijn om trekvrij te geraken en te blijven.

HaarWeb | De support-site voor en door lotgenoten met haarproblemen in Nederland en België

Huishoudelijk Reglement (Richtlijnen/Privacy/Disclaimer)
Code of Ethics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can be helping many people, but if you are not helping yourself,
you have missed the one person you were born to heal.'

~Alan Cohen
Webmaster is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 29 januari 2014, 19:40   #2
shetah
HaarWeb lid

ik denk ook dat er een verband zou kunnen zijn tussen negatieve ervaringen en
ttm, tenminste in mijn geval is dit wel aan de orde. wat betreft de artikelen, ben ik toch een beetje sceptisch.. kan het natuurlijk mis hebben, maar is het niet gewoon weer iemand die probeert te verdienen aan de ellende van iemand anders? Ik heb best wel ernstige ttm, en zou normaal alles willen proberen, maar dit klinkt mij gewoon te mooi in de oren.
shetah is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 29 januari 2014, 19:53   #3
Elser
HaarWeb lid

Elser's schermafbeelding

Geslacht:
Beste webmaster,
Die linkjes verwijzen uiteindelijk naar commerciële website.
Elser is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 30 januari 2014, 15:09   #4
Webmaster
Your friendly webmaster

Geslacht:
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Elser Bekijk bericht
Beste webmaster,
Die linkjes verwijzen uiteindelijk naar commerciële website.
Zeker, en net als jij ben ik met aanmelding op HaarWeb akkoord gegaan met ons Huishoudelijk Reglement, wat zegt:

Citaat:
Vermelding van web-links
Het is toegestaan links naar of vermeldingen naar commercieële website's op te nemen in je postings, mits de informatie die daar te vinden is relevant is voor de betreffende discussie of onze leden in het algemeen. Het mag echter geen commercieël doel dienen.
Wat is je punt precies, Elser?

HaarWeb | De support-site voor en door lotgenoten met haarproblemen in Nederland en België

Code of Ethics

~Alan Cohen
Oud 30 januari 2014, 15:24   #5
Webmaster
Your friendly webmaster

Geslacht:
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door shetah Bekijk bericht
ik denk ook dat er een verband zou kunnen zijn tussen negatieve ervaringen en
ttm, tenminste in mijn geval is dit wel aan de orde.
Je bent lang niet de enige Shetah, wat de reguliere geneeskunde/wetenschap ook mag beweren.

Citaat:
wat betreft de artikelen, ben ik toch een beetje sceptisch.. kan het natuurlijk mis hebben, maar is het niet gewoon weer iemand die probeert te verdienen aan de ellende van iemand anders?
Waar baseer je je oordeel op, Shetah?

Citaat:
Ik heb best wel ernstige ttm, en zou normaal alles willen proberen, maar dit klinkt mij gewoon te mooi in de oren.
Mag ik vragen wat je al gedaan hebt qua therapieën etc?

Code of Ethics

~Alan Cohen
Oud 30 januari 2014, 16:12   #6
Webmaster
Your friendly webmaster

Geslacht:
Dit is één van die interessante artikelen op haar site:

Citaat:

Hope for Hair Pullers: Healing Lessons of Ending Hair Pulling

by Abby Leora Rohrer
"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it."
-- Helen Keller

From the ages of twelve to thirty-nine, I suffered from compulsive hair pulling. Two years ago, I successfully healed from my compulsive behavior. Based on this experience, I believe that healing from a compulsion or addiction is a universal journey which is available to anyone at any time. The journey requires that the sufferer look inside, take responsibility for his own problem and remain flexible while following his own guidance.

Here are some of the lessons that I learned along the way:
  • I learned that to heal, I had to believe that healing was possible for ME.
First of all, instead of having hope I would heal, I needed to get to the point where I really understood deep inside that our beliefs create our reality. If I couldn't believe that it was be possible for ME, a hair puller, to stop pulling, then it wouldn't have been possible for me to do it. Because I could actually "see" myself on the other side of hair pulling with a full head of hair, then I was consciously and unconsciously able do everything necessary to achieve my goal.

Years ago I had a sense that I could move through hair pulling and that permanent healing was possible for me. I didn't know how I would get here, but I was determined to do whatever it took. Reading Real Magic and You'll See It When You Believe It by Dr. Wayne Dyer helped me to incorporate the concept of how my thoughts create my reality. I then had tools to align my thoughts with my intention to stop my pulling.
  • I learned that to fix a problem, I had to be willing to focus on it--not just to make it a priority in my life, but to make it THE priority in my life.
Can you fix a flat tire without making it THE focus of your life for at least a few minutes? Although this seemed obvious to me in terms of dealing with any external problem, it wasn't obvious to me in dealing with my compulsion.

How many hair pullers have been willing to focus directly on a their pulling and to make healing it THE priority in their lives? At 12 years old, I put my hair pulling on the "back burner" and decided to get on with my life. After all, there was no known cure--what else could I do? Many of us fear that if we focus directly on the problem, it and our inner pain will worsen and we are unwilling to take this risk. This fear is real and justified, but to heal you must be willing to move through this worsening stage. As I began to focus on my hair pulling, my pulling did increase. As I continued to "front-burner" it, I found that I was strong enough to deal with a temporary worsening in order to reap the greater rewards of ending the problem for good.
  • I learned to view hair pulling as a gift--from which I could grow!
I began to see that my hair pulling was not THE problem, but a symptom of a larger underlying problem about the ways in which my life wasn't working. From M. Scott Peck, M.D., "....Occurrences that once seemed to be burdens now seem to be gifts, including the very symptoms from which they have recovered." and from Robin Casarjian, "If you are ill and your body and physical symptoms are always seen as the problem, you lose the opportunity to gain insight into deeper personal issues that may be at the root of some symptoms."

I learned to maintain a hopeful, childlike excitement about discovering my repressed feelings even in the midst of pain and sadness. I began to embrace my emotions and to feel that I was on a treasure hunt, knowing that in releasing old feelings, no matter how painful, I could get closer to my goal to end the compulsion. At each step I uncovered clues as to what to let go of and where to look next.

At one point I did a tremendous amount of inner work in an attempt to rid myself of my repressed childhood emotions. I attended reparenting therapy which introduced me to inner child concepts and put me in touch with my issues in growing up in a dysfunctional family. However, I did the bulk of releasing my repressed anger through the use of techniques from Recovery of Your Inner Child, by Lucia Capacchione, Ph.D. This process was not without risks in and of itself. Following the release of a huge well of childhood anger, I experienced an accompanying physical release which came in the form of full body hives. This physical release lasted for over 6 months and taught me how strongly our emotions impact our physical body.
  • I learned that for me the use of the word "compulsion" meant powerlessness and victimization. I found that changing to an "addiction" perspective gave me a sense of ownership, responsibility and control.
I had always wanted to discover that "one" incident from childhood which had caused me to begin to pull out my hair. Of course, I had memories of childhood trauma and bothersome events, but none pointed directly to my pulling. With a new addiction perspective, I started to see that I used my hair pulling as a "numbing agent," my drug of choice. I realized that my parents had modeled the use of addictive behaviors as their way of handling feelings. They had no experience of honoring their own feelings, so they could not teach me how to honor my own. I was an overly responsible child and I believe that I chose hair pulling as a way to handle my own feelings so my parents didn't have to take care of me on an emotional level.

My own parents' beliefs about feelings were passed down through the generations to them and on to me. Unfortunately they are also encouraged throughout our society. We are taught the behavior of compulsions and addictions in our families, while societally we hang onto mass denial of this process. We are never the addicts, "others" are. Even though to do so could empower us, we rarely use the word addiction to refer to ourselves.

We learn the societal mores of being tough and not showing how we really feel. "Don’t cry or they'll give us something to cry about." "Don't grieve for longer than the day of the funeral." "Don't feel anger without a damned good reason." "Don't feel sad and if you do, don't ever show it to anyone else." "Don't believe what you know inside to be true, only look outside of yourself to "experts" for your answers." And "don’t let your children have their own boundaries." When we adhere to these familial and societal norms, at an early age we strip ourselves of our personal power and creativity. For additional information on this concept read When Society Becomes an Addict by Anne Wilson Schaef and Bradshaw on:The Family by John Bradshaw, Ph.D.

My use of the word compulsion did not serve me. As a society we don't have the experience of numbers of people recovering from compulsions. To me compulsion meant suffering with a lifelong affliction. It meant looking outside myself for answers to problems even most experts have no experience or success in treating. Switching my focus to one of addiction gave me a proven model for healing. Societally we know that tremendous numbers of people conquer their addictions. We also know that it's hard work, but that people actually come out on the other side, stronger and happier for their efforts. In healing, I came to a new understanding and appreciation for The Twelve Steps of AA although I am not associated with any group and view the use of these steps as a part of a larger picture of recovery.
  • I learned that I needed to find a way to honestly express and honor my feelings, whatever they are--without judgment.
"When you understand that your addiction results from an inadequacy, the question becomes how you will respond to your inadequacy--by reaching for another drink, (or another hair, my note)....or by reaching inward for those things that fill the whole?" Gary Zukav, The Seat of the Soul.

I found that I needed to be totally honest with myself about my feelings, whatever they are. Whether or not they are personally or socially acceptable, they are my feelings and I can no longer repress them. A valuable initial step in my healing occurred a few years ago when I finally admitted to myself that pulling out my hair was pleasurable and I was not yet ready or willing to give it up.

I later learned that I needed to find a way to explore and honor my feelings on a permanent basis. During a time of extreme emotional crisis, my sister suggested that I begin journal writing, as she had found this process to be of tremendous benefit. Although it wasn't the first time she suggested it, this time I was desperate and decided to try it. Very quickly, journal writing had a profound impact on my life. Not only did it provide a place to put all of my thoughts and feelings, but the immediate benefits to me were a sense of peace, quiet, clarity and self-honoring I had never before experienced.

I used a specialized type of journaling which allowed me to freely feel, without judging my feelings. I am sure that there are many ways to "find one’s voice," but the key is to do it in a way in which judgment of any kind is not possible.
  • I learned that to heal I had to find a way to interrupt the cycle of addiction.
I began to understand that what perpetuates the "endless cycle" of addiction is the fear of not being able to stop the behavior and our judgment about what the behavior says about us. I needed to find a way to stop the cycle and I decided to experiment with my life. I acknowledged that hair pulling has pleasurable aspects and I allowed myself to enjoy the pulling WITHOUT fearing the consequences or judging my behavior. This interrupted the cycle and In a short while I was ready, willing and able to move onto the next step to actually let go of my hair pulling.

This lesson was also pertinent after I stopped pulling. Letting go of an addiction does not mean that the urge automatically disappears as it does during times of "remission". It's easy to stop pulling in "remission" because we are not confronted with our urges. As Gary Zukav says, "....As you hold to your intention, and as you choose again and again and again to become whole, you accumulate power, and the addiction that you thought could not be challenged will lose its power over you." To continue to resist the urge, I developed a "managing statement." Whenever I feel the urge to pull, I say to myself, "That is an addiction and I don't choose to do it." My urges come very infrequently now and when they do I easily and confidently manage them.

In my experience, healing from a compulsive behavior is possible for anyone with determination who is willing to focus on the problem. It takes a firm commitment to your own personal growth and an unwavering belief that you can heal.

I had to be willing to experiment with my life in order to see which ideas and concepts felt right for me. I embarked on an intense period of study, reading books about family dysfunction, inner child work, addiction, spirituality and how people grow through adversity. Throughout my process I took whatever resonated deep within me and threw away the rest. I was no longer willing to unquestioningly accept someone else's prescription as to what would heal me. I began to trust my own intuition about what would work for me.

I spent time pondering the question, "If I take away my hair pulling, don't I need a substitute?" I felt that removing such a significant part of my life would leave a large void and that if I didn’t put something positive and rewarding in its place, then I wouldn't be successful at letting it go. I decided to replace my hair pulling with the method I found for honoring my feelings, journal writing and meditation. All the while it seemed that I was looking over my own shoulder with an intense curiosity to see whether my intuition and ideas could really work for me. They did and now I am free of my pulling. Maybe they can also work for you.

Source: http://www.pullfreeatlast.com/stop-h...r-pulling.html
By Abby Leora Rohrer

Code of Ethics

~Alan Cohen

Laatst gewijzigd door Webmaster; 30 januari 2014 om 16:24
Oud 30 januari 2014, 18:49   #7
shetah
HaarWeb lid

Citaat:
Je bent lang niet de enige Shetah, wat de reguliere geneeskunde/wetenschap ook mag beweren
ik weet het.. lees het hier ook heel veel. en gelukkig geeft het veel steun en herkenning.

Citaat:
Waar baseer je je oordeel op, Shetah?

krijg een beetje het idee, dat je je aangevallen voelt en dat is absoluut niet mijn bedoeling. Het is altijd goed om iets met iemand te delen en dan is het aan die persoon er iets mee te doen. en misschien zijn er wel mensen die er baat bij hebben, maar dit is voor mij net of ik naar 1 of andere Tellsell reclame zit te kijken ( die Amerikaanse reclame op tv , nederlands ingesproken)met hoe geweldig alles wel niet is.. mooi als het helpt, maar echt geloven doe ik hier niet in .. wederom dit hoeft niet zo te zijn, maar dit is mijn gevoel.

Citaat:
Mag ik vragen wat je al gedaan hebt qua therapieën etc?
tot nu toe meerdere jaren gesprekstherapie, gedragstherapie gehad en ook al emdr.. en op het moment in afwachting een vervolgtraject.
Oud 30 januari 2014, 19:33   #8
Webmaster
Your friendly webmaster

Geslacht:
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door shetah Bekijk bericht
ik weet het.. lees het hier ook heel veel. en gelukkig geeft het veel steun en herkenning.
Ja, gelukkig. Ookal herkent niet iedereen er zich in, ik ben er zelf van overtuigd (wat ook door vele therapeuten in de praktijk wordt bevestigd) dat bij het gros van de mensen met TTM emotionele oorzaken wel degelijk een rol spelen. Zoals dat met vele andere 'ziektes' ook zo is...

Citaat:
krijg een beetje het idee, dat je je aangevallen voelt en dat is absoluut niet mijn bedoeling.
Maak je geen zorgen, ik voel me in dit geval niet aangevallen. Je oordeel was gericht op de therapeute, niet op mij .

Citaat:
Het is altijd goed om iets met iemand te delen en dan is het aan die persoon er iets mee te doen. en misschien zijn er wel mensen die er baat bij hebben, maar dit is voor mij net of ik naar 1 of andere Tellsell reclame zit te kijken ( die Amerikaanse reclame op tv , nederlands ingesproken)met hoe geweldig alles wel niet is.. mooi als het helpt, maar echt geloven doe ik hier niet in .. wederom dit hoeft niet zo te zijn, maar dit is mijn gevoel.
Ikzelf (als Nederlander) vind haar website opgezet (en ook zo overkomen) op een typische Amerikaanse manier en ik kan me erg goed voorstellen dat dit feit alleen al een Tellsell achtige indruk achterlaat. Dat doet het bij mij nl. ook. Maar goed, meer Amerikaanse sites die iets aan de man/vrouw proberen te brengen, zien er zo uit, dus het is daar veel meer gebruikelijk/geaccepteerd dan hier.

Als ik echter kijk naar de inhoud van haar site (de artikelen bijv.) dan is het wel degelijk interesante -en ook hoopvolle- informatie die ik daar kan vinden. De gepubliceerde ervaringen van zowel lotgenoten als collega therapeuten komen oprecht over (althans op mij). Ze heeft ongetwijfeld zelf een zeer goede weg gevonden in de genezing van haar TTM en wil dat uitdragen naar de wereld. Mooi. In mijn ogen is er helemaal niets mis mee als ze energie/tijd/geld steekt in het aanbieden van therapieën aan mede TTM lotgenoten en daar dan ook geld mee verdient (maar goed, dat was ook niet echt je punt begrijp ik).

Citaat:
tot nu toe meerdere jaren gesprekstherapie, gedragstherapie gehad en ook al emdr.. en op het moment in afwachting een vervolgtraject.
Ok, thanks voor je info. In hoeverre hebben gesprektherapie, gedragstherapie en emdr jouw geholpen met je TTM (en de -eventueel- onderliggende diepere oorzaken)?

Code of Ethics

~Alan Cohen

Laatst gewijzigd door Webmaster; 30 januari 2014 om 19:36
Oud 30 januari 2014, 19:46   #9
Elser
HaarWeb lid

Elser's schermafbeelding

Geslacht:
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Webmaster Bekijk bericht
Zeker, en net als jij ben ik met aanmelding op HaarWeb akkoord gegaan met ons Huishoudelijk Reglement, wat zegt:
Wat is je punt precies, Elser?
Het gaat me niet om het Huishoudelijk Reglement maar als de webmaster verwijst naar een site is dat toch wel bijzonder?
Oud 31 januari 2014, 14:07   #10
Webmaster
Your friendly webmaster

Geslacht:
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Elser Bekijk bericht
Het gaat me niet om het Huishoudelijk Reglement maar als de webmaster verwijst naar een site is dat toch wel bijzonder?
Waarom is dat bijzonder als het Huishoudelijk Reglement aangeeft dat dit is toegestaan? Wat voor alle leden geldt ook voor de moderators en webmaster nl.

Als je verwijst naar artikelen, of delen ervan, hoe zou je dat willen doen zonder een nette bronvermelding (en weblink)? Mijn hart ligt bij lotgenoten met TTM (aangezien ikzelf een soortgelijke aandoening heb gehad) en dan is het delen van (verwijzingen naar) behulpzame informatie/artikelen/boeken niet meer dan normaal (en erg welkom op het TTM forum, aangezien hier al zo opvallend weinig gedeeld wordt).

Als je inhoudelijke bijdrages hebt over waar deze discussie eigenlijk om gaat en voor bedoeld is (nl. de interessante artikelen en wat daarin gezegd wordt), dan hoor ik het graag.

Code of Ethics

~Alan Cohen
Oud 31 januari 2014, 19:32   #11
Elser
HaarWeb lid

Elser's schermafbeelding

Geslacht:
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Webmaster Bekijk bericht
Waarom is dat bijzonder als het Huishoudelijk Reglement aangeeft dat dit is toegestaan? Wat voor alle leden geldt ook voor de moderators en webmaster nl.

Als je verwijst naar artikelen, of delen ervan, hoe zou je dat willen doen zonder een nette bronvermelding (en weblink)? Mijn hart ligt bij lotgenoten met TTM (aangezien ikzelf een soortgelijke aandoening heb gehad) en dan is het delen van (verwijzingen naar) behulpzame informatie/artikelen/boeken niet meer dan normaal (en erg welkom op het TTM forum, aangezien hier al zo opvallend weinig gedeeld wordt).

Als je inhoudelijke bijdrages hebt over waar deze discussie eigenlijk om gaat en voor bedoeld is (nl. de interessante artikelen en wat daarin gezegd wordt), dan hoor ik het graag.
Het onderwerp TTM bij kinderen vond ik soms hartverscheurend en veel vragen werden domweg niet beantwoord. Daarom plaatste ik dat linkje.
Goed om te weten dat ik welkom ben op dit forum.
Oud 2 februari 2014, 11:20   #12
shetah
HaarWeb lid

Citaat:
Maak je geen zorgen, ik voel me in dit geval niet aangevallen. Je oordeel was gericht op de therapeute, niet op mij
gelukkig, was namelijk ook niet mijn bedoeling

Citaat:
In hoeverre hebben gesprektherapie, gedragstherapie en emdr jouw geholpen met je TTM (en de -eventueel- onderliggende diepere oorzaken)?
eigenlijk alles maar kortdurend, het helpt allemaal wel een beetje, maar niet voor lange duur. mijn haarwerkje heeft mij een tijdje van het plukken afgehouden, en mijn haar kwam mooi terug. Ik was zo trots! maar een combi van veranderingen en stress op het werk, een turbulent prive jaar met allerlei emotioneel zwaar beladen zaken, o.a. overlijden van twee dierbaren en dat zonder rust moment, het ene net achter de rug of het volgende diende zich al weer aan hadden bij mij een hevige terugval tot gevolg. verder was ik in therapie met mezelf bezig, de "trucjes" om niet te plukken hielpen me maar even, omdat ik altijd in een gevecht met mezelf ben, niet alleen door ttm maar ook met een eetprobleem en gewoon verlang naar het verminderen van de spanning en eindelijk rust in mijn hoofd. Nu weer doorverwezen naar de ggz, maar als de dood dat ik word weggestuurd als een hopeloos geval. emdr is voor mij te zwaar gebleken, het is emotioneel best zwaar, al heeft het wel van bepaalde zaken de scherpe kantjes eraf gehaald. Dus kan me wel voorstellen dat dit sommige kan helpen. ( was om bepaalde negatieve ervaringen te verwerken) je hoort het al.. het is een gevecht, maar ik hoop 'm te winnen!

Citaat:
Mijn hart ligt bij lotgenoten met TTM (aangezien ikzelf een soortgelijke aandoening heb gehad)
watvoor aandoening heb jij gehad? alleen als je het kwijt wilt hoor. en aangezien er staat gehad denk ik dat je er nu vanaf bent, hoe ben jij ervan af gekomen?
Reageren

Regels voor berichten