Haarweb Forum  
Bijna 100.000 bezoekers p/mnd! Zie hier

Ga terug   Haarweb Forum > Alopecia Androgenetica > Overige behandelingen

Reageren

Discussietools Discussie waarderen Weergave
Oud 22 september 2001, 20:30   #1
Jay

Interview met Dr Gho

Zie hier het interview met Dr Gho (door hairsite.com). De antwoorden van Gho zijn gerephrased door hairsite. Er gaat ook een gerucht dat er ergens een antwoord niet helemaal juist is begrepen, en ik meen mij te herinneren dat te maken had met vraag 25. Over het punt bij 25 wordt dan ook nog hevig gespeculeerd.

Oh well... genoeg geleuterd. Zie hier het interview:

1. Could you give us a realistic timeframe as to when Hair Multiplication will be available to the public ?
Response: I am aiming to introduce HM worldwide within 5 years.

2. Will the HM procedure be introduced in selected cities in the Netherlands before it becomes available to the mass market worldwide ?
Response: Yes.

3. What would be the average cost in US $ for someone who is a Norwood class 3, class 4, class 5, class 6 or class 7 ?
Response: My goal is to make this affordable for everyone. I do not have an estimate of the eventual cost at this point. We are currently trying to streamline and simplify the procedure in order to bring the cost down. I have no intention of taking advantage of the situation and make everyone pay an exorbitant price for the treatment. We are trying to implement certain controls and mechanisms to make sure that this treatment is affordable worldwide.

Technical questions:

4. What hair quality can we expect ? Same as our normal growing hair ?

5. Can HM recreate a natural hairline ?
Response: Yes, and the results are more natural than traditional hair transplants.

6. Do we still need traditional surgical hair transplant to complement the results after the HM procedure has been performed ?
Response: No.

7. Will the new hair be permanent ?

8. Can HM create new follicles in donor area scars that resulted from traditional hair transplantation ?
Response: I have not conducted experiments in this area at the moment.

9. What kind of density can be achieved, in hairs/cm2 ? Can a second HM procedure give a greater density ?
Response: More information will be forthcoming.

10. Can HM be used to increase density in hair transplant patients ?

Limitations & Side Effects

11. Are there any limitations and issues regarding direction of hair growth ?
Response: This is not an issue at all. Direction of hair growth will be like normal hair.

12. What are some of the potential side effects ? Cancer risks, tumors, and hair fallout etc ?
Response: None according to my clinical trials.

13. Will the HM procedure produce scarring ?
Response: No. This is not like traditional hair transplants.

Timing

14. How long does it before the new hair follicles start to grow from the time when we first visit your clinic ?

15. How many visits to your clinic would be needed to apply HM for someone who is a Norwood class 7 ?
Response: No definite answer at the moment. Again, we are trying to streamline the procedure at the moment so that we can reduce the number of visits required. Note that HM is not a static technology. Similar to hair transplant, HM can always have room for improvement. We expect that as we progress over time, there will be first generation HM, second generation HM and so on, each better and more improved than the previous.

16. Can the follicle harvesting be done here in the US by an accredited lab and the follicles shipped to Holland for culturing, thus eliminating the need for two separate trips?
Response: The procedure will be totally self-sufficient in each country. We do not envision patients from overseas being required to come to the Netherlands. Our goal is to allow people pursue HM without leaving his or her home country. Exportation of cells can be a very complicated matter and there may be numerous restrictions involved depending on where you live. There will be labs set up in your home country along with the facilities to perform the procedure.

Candidates

17. What is the success rate of HM ? Does it work for everyone ? Who would be the best candidates ?

18. Will HM work for someone who has diffuse pattern balding ?
Response: Diffuse alopecia is mostly caused by an internal disease or may be related to someone's immune system. This cannot be treated by HM. However, if the diffuse pattern is caused by alopecia androgenetic, then HM could be beneficial.

19. Can the HM procedure be performed on women ?
Response: Yes. HM was originally developed for women. However, in our clinical studies we have to count the number of hairs that have been regenerated and the easiest way to facilitate that is to start with a totally bald area. Since bald male patients are easier to find than bald female patients, until now we have only treated bald men.

20. Can HM procedure be performed on alopecia areata patients ?

21. Can HM be used to treat people with loss of eyelashes ?
Response: We have not conducted experiments in this area. A lot depends on the cause of hair loss.

Other

22. Would you consider offering a waiting list for those who are anxious to have this procedure done ? If so, how can we sign up for the waiting list ?

23. Will you attend the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery seminar in Hawaii this December ?
Response: This question is no longer applicable.

Additional Questions Suggested in the Member's Forum

24. Can you explain why there are two websites registered your name ?
Response: HM is only a small part of my practice. I do research in many areas and the websites were registered for the entire spectrum of my work.

25. Does your technique work by stimulating existing follicles (that are dormant) or does it work by multiplying the hairs cells and planting them on balding areas ?
Response: This procedure is not invented to stimulate dormant hair cells. New hair cells are cultured and multiplied before they are injected into balding areas.

26. Have you heard of a procedure called Dermal Fusion by Ryan Livingston in Canada ? Do you know anything about this hair restoration technique ?

27. Does the new hair exhibit the same hair cycles as a normal hair, i.e.: anagen, catagen and telogen etc ?.

28. Will the new hair be vulnerable to DHT and other causes of male or female pattern baldness ?
Response: Not likely because the new hair is created using stem cells extracted from permanent hair.

29. A rhetoric question, but could you please confirm that you indeed have already begun human trials ?
Response: We started human trials years ago.

30. Would funding be helpful in expediting the introduction of HM to the mass market ?
Response: Funding is not a big issue here. Financial resources are not our primary concern and I am not in favor of accepting public funding in exchange for a minority share of this project. There are many issues involved and it is not as simple as it looks.

31. Can HairSite contact you again in six months for an update ?
Response: Yes, if my schedule permits. However, I cannot promise anything at the moment. Note that it is to everyone disadvantage when we receive phone calls and emails everyday inquiring about HM. It will only serve to slow down the progress of our work. When HM becomes official, everyone will have a fair chance to learn more about this procedure. We have no intention to promote mystery on the subject.

32. Any final comments ?
Response: I have treated thousands of hair loss patients over the years and I can certainly relate to how devastating hair loss can be to one's emotional well beings. I sympathize and feel for those whose lives have been affected by this condition. It is an uphill battle and one may easily lose focus of what is truly and deeply meaningful to his or her life during the process. Look at everything around yourself and try to stay grounded. Life is always more bearable when you learn to appreciate and be grateful to what you already have. On the other hand, life is always inadequate when you constantly obsess with things you don't have. I am not here to exploit people's feelings. HM is real and everyone will have his or her fair chance in due course.
  Met citaat reageren
Oud 27 december 2001, 17:28   #2
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

Waarom lees ik niets meer over dr Gho....leeft ie nog...of ie ook alweer vergaan .......als die velen anderen
Rocco is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 30 december 2001, 22:03   #3
Jay

De gasten van hairsite staan op het punt een nieuwe vragenlijst aan hem te mailen... wie weet horen we nog wat.
  Met citaat reageren
Oud 11 juni 2005, 20:19   #4
Krielie
HaarWeb lid

en?

En? Nieuws? Hij behandeld toch mensen nu? Je kunt er zo terecht voor een afspraak, en een behandeling. Kost 3300 euro, en klaar ben je. Of toch niet????
Krielie is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 11 juni 2005, 21:21   #5
Henk

Geslacht:
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Krielie
En? Nieuws? Hij behandeld toch mensen nu? Je kunt er zo terecht voor een afspraak, en een behandeling. Kost 3300 euro, en klaar ben je. Of toch niet????
Beste Krielie,

Je reageert op een thread die 4 jaar oud is. De personen in deze thread komen zelfs al niet meer op Haarweb.
De behandeling die Gho nu biedt is geen haarmultiplicatie, maar een soort FUE.
En de kosten verschillen per persoon.
Henk is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 12 juni 2005, 01:19   #6
flappie
HaarWeb lid

Dus dat HM was eigenlijk gewoon een BS verhaal?
flappie is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 12 juni 2005, 01:25   #7
Henk

Geslacht:
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door flappie
Dus dat HM was eigenlijk gewoon een BS verhaal?
Nee, dat denk ik niet. Waarschijnlijk zijn ze op meer problemen gestuit dan dat ze van te voren verwacht hadden.
Oud 12 juni 2005, 01:58   #8
flappie
HaarWeb lid

Maar die dr. Gho heeft zich losgemaakt van dat HM gebeuren (las ik ergens)? Heeft hij dan een heel andere behandeling in die GHO clinic of heeft hij het idee van HM gejat. En heeft HM ook nog een site of iets dergelijks waar vermeld wordt hoever het al gevorderd is?
flappie is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 27 juni 2005, 22:32   #9
Henk

Geslacht:
Ik las net op Hairsite dat Gho een nieuwe kliniek heeft geopend.
En hij heeft nog steeds als doel om Hairmultiplication verder te ontwikkelen.
Dit is zijn nieuwe site.
Zijn site is nog niet klaar, dat gebeurd volgens dat bericht op hairsite de eerstkomende maanden.

Laatst gewijzigd door Henk; 27 juni 2005 om 22:34
Oud 28 juni 2005, 01:02   #10
Tiuri
HaarWeb lid

Tiuri's schermafbeelding

En dit is de thread op HairSite hierover.

HaarWeb | De supportsite voor en door lotgenoten met haarproblemen in Nederland en België
HaarwoordenboekjeHuishoudelijk reglementSuggesties & feedback

Tiuri is offline   Met citaat reageren
Reageren

Discussietools
Weergave Geef een waardering voor deze discussie
Geef een waardering voor deze discussie:

Regels voor berichten