Haarweb Forum  
Bijna 100.000 bezoekers p/mnd! Zie hier

Ga terug   Haarweb Forum > Alopecia Androgenetica > Medicijnen/haargroeimiddelen

Reageren

Discussietools Waardering: Waardering discussie: 8 stemmen, 5,00 gemiddeld. Weergave
Oud 23 mei 2002, 17:36   #61
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

Antwoorden van Dr Monahan, testpatient Duta

Ik weet niet zeker of Dr Monahan de waarheid vertelt of liegt , maar gezien zijn status zijn velen overtuigd dat hij de waarheid spreekt.

>> Dr. Monahan, On behalf of everyone here at HairSite, I would like to thank you for volunteering your time answering questions pertaining to Dutasteride. This means a lot to all of us here and we are all very grateful and honored to have you here.

We all understand that you are by no means obligated to answer all the questions posted in this forum and that you will not necessarily have answers to all our questions. Any information you can share with us would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, THANK YOU and welcome to our forums

Regards, David Tse HairSite.com

<< Dave, the results that I got were incredible. They used those pictures to show what I was before I lost my hair in the interview. I did regrow quite a bit and as stated earlier it was probably 80 to 90% of that picture. I went from a Norwood 5 to a 2 maybe 3. What is exciting is that one day very soon male pattern baldness will be a condition of the past for the 17 year olds and younger. Talk to you soon. Dr Marty

---------------------

>> Dr. Monahan This is the question that has been asked the most, are the following really your Dutasteride before and after pictures? Some suggested that they are simply pictures of you before you lost your hair and after you lost your hair

<< this is the 1st time ive seen these website.your statement is true ,i commented on this buttgaser question.

-----------------------

>> Dr. Monahan Can you comment on any other test patients' results in the study? Were they similiar to yours?

HairSite

<< i was told of 1 guy that was also on .5 that had great results

-----------------------

>> Dr. Monahan Do you have more before and after pictures that you can share with us? Please email them to hairsite@aol.com if you do.

<< the took scalp dht samples,computer / photo / blood .ive got no pics from the study. but hair shaft and number increased by 87%

------------------------

>> Dr. Monahan Can you describe the type of regrowth you had along the hairlines and temples vs the rest of your scalp in terms of density?

Did you see visible regrowth on areas that had been bald for more than several years?

HairSite

<< the crown filled in 1st totally , then slowly regrew toward the temples. it conitued for about 6months after i stopped the drug. i think the max benefit was not yet achieved.

-------------------------

>> It would be great to know how other people felt about your new hair. Maybe it was more obvious to yourself than onlookers. Thanks for your time.

tk421

<< people were asking me after 1 month on the trial what i was doing

------------------------------

<< Hi Doctor, since you've been without Dutasteride for many years I'm curious about the following-

1. Are you currently wearing a hairpiece? 2. Did you get hair transplants?

3. Are you currently using Rogaine and/or Propecia?

4. Did you know that you could write your own Dutasteride prescription?

Writing a prescription shouldn't be a problem because Dutasteride isn't a controlled substance. If you're concerned about the AMA you could easily have one of your colleagues write a Dutasteride prescription for you.

It's a real shame that Glaxo didn't continue supplying you with Dutasteride even after the phase II studies ended. In some clinical trials, patients are given continued drug access even while the drug is still going through FDA approval procedures.

5. Were you depressed when Glaxo ended the trials?

6. I know that you couldn't communicate with anyone else in the trials but did you notice anyone else getting regrowth?

7. Were all of the trial participants brought back to Dr. Sawaya's office at the same time for a status check, or was there a high degree of secrecy?

8. What was Dr.Sawaya's like, did you enjoy being one of her patients?

9. Did Dr.Sawaya tell you exactly what medication you were being tested with? Did she tell you that it was a dual 5alpha-reductase inhibitor and that it lowers DHT by 95% ?

10. Did Dr.Sawaya mention whether or not if Dutasteride was tough on the liver? Did she say that Dutasteride users should not drink alcohol?

Thank you for your time.

-ButtGaser

<< 1 no 2 no 3 after the study i started takeing finestride 4 the dr that works for me writes a script for proscar 5 i got excellent results w/ the study i asked about staying on the du but the trial period was for only 6 months , i would have liked to be part of the 3rd trial. 6 i knew of one other that got great results like me 7pretty secret 8 dr sawaya is a wonderful doctor i enjoyed the study. 9 there was a 25% chance that i was going to end up w/the concentration that i did ,random + controlled ,they didnt know who was on/off untill they started seeing the results on peoples heads 10 liver enzymes and dht levels were monitered they didnt say 11 last comment the pictures that i saw on the hairsite is of me, the picture on the left is me at the time of the interview w/channel 4 ,the one on the right is me in 1990. this is the 1st time ive been on this website .i regrew close to that picture but not to that point 80-90%. Dr. sawaya said that after a full year i would probably gotten the full benefit of the drug
Rocco is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 23 mei 2002, 18:02   #62
Nate
Senior

Nate's schermafbeelding

Heel interessant rocco,
Dr.Monahan was maar 6mnd aan de duta en was al jaren kalend en in die korte tijd veel haargroei,laat staan als hij duta voor een jaar had gebruikt.
En over die foto is dus ook helderheid gelukkig.

groeten.
Nate is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 28 mei 2002, 00:41   #63
sn0rkel
HaarWeb lid

Is er al meer bekend over wanneer duta verkrijgbaar wordt?
sn0rkel is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 28 mei 2002, 18:19   #64
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

Hoi sn0rkel, welkom

recent nieuws geeft aan, eind oktober begin november dit jaar.
Oud 6 juli 2002, 13:00   #65
Haarstress22
HaarWeb lid

Is dit de verschingingsdatum in de USA?
Kunnen wij het dan ook krijgen in NL?
Haarstress22 is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 8 juli 2002, 05:39   #66
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

Alleen in de VS. Rond zomertijd volgend jaar zal het ook wel in heel Europa beschikbaar zijn. Je kunt Duta altijd nog bestellen via het internet.

Groetjes
Oud 11 juli 2002, 19:18   #67
sn0rkel
HaarWeb lid

duta prijs

is er al iets bekend over mogelijke prijzen? ik lees daar op andere fora weinig over en ben toch wel benieuwd eigenlijk..
sn0rkel is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 15 juli 2002, 12:52   #68
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

sn0rkel

Het komt immers uit als een prostaat medicijn, veel kunnen ze er daarom niet voor vragen. Het zou op z'n hoogst een fractie duurder kunnen zijn dan Proscar. Maar je weet het natuurlijk nooit.

Groetjes
Oud 16 juli 2002, 01:14   #69
Viper
HaarWeb lid

zal duta goed zijn tegen inhammen. ik heb nergens haaruitval op mn kruin alleen wat voorraan zo m'n inhammen worden wat groter. Ik hoop echt dat duta dat kan verhelpen.
Viper is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 18 juli 2002, 03:01   #70
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

Viper

Duta zal zeker de haaruitval bij je inhammen stoppen. Nou...niets is altijd zeker, maar de kans ligt wel boven de 80-90 %, schat ik. Het is ook best wel mogelijk dat het haren kan hergroeien bij je inhammen.

Groetjes
Oud 19 juli 2002, 00:07   #71
Viper
HaarWeb lid

Weet je wat wel jammer is met al die producten dat je ze héél jou leven moet nemen. Is best duur jammer dat ze nog niks hebben zo van een jaar of 2
Ik vraag me zo als je enkele jaren duta zal slikken wat je dan van problemen zal kunnen krijgen. Ze zullen ooit wel iets vinden
Viper is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 19 juli 2002, 23:03   #72
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

Viper

Ik denk niet dat je Duta voor altijd zult moeten slikken. Binnen 10 jaar hebben ze de uiteindelijke oplossing voor kaalheid.

Tja, ik hoop niet dat een TOTALE blokking van DHT ECHTE grote bijwerkingen zal hebben op lange termijn ( jaren ).

Groetjes
Reageren

Discussietools
Weergave Geef een waardering voor deze discussie
Geef een waardering voor deze discussie:

Regels voor berichten