Haarweb Forum  
Bijna 100.000 bezoekers p/mnd! Zie hier

Ga terug   Haarweb Forum > Alopecia Androgenetica > Medicijnen/haargroeimiddelen

Reageren

Discussietools Waardering: Waardering discussie: 3 stemmen, 5,00 gemiddeld. Weergave
Oud 26 november 2002, 12:14   #1
RICK
HaarWeb lid

FLEX S en PEZ van WSMR

Extra informatie door moderator (Tiuri)[informatie] Algemene informatie van HLH
[informatie] Algemene informatie van HS
[informatie] Foto's van mogelijke gebruiker

Archiefversie van de officiële website:
http://web.archive.org/web/200210100.../home_body.htm

Over WSMR (Western States Medical Research):
http://www.hairtransplant.net/forums...threadid=15862
http://forum.salusmaster.com/index.p...&mode=threaded
http://www.drgho.com/m607hm65/_disc607/000000e1.htm

Gebruikerservaringen:
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard....ng_type=search

Hier wat interessante FAQ's,

Citaat:
What is FLEX S1, 2?
Flexible Peptide S or FLEX S1, 2 are two versions of synthetic polypeptides (chains of amino acids in a specific sequence) that are applied to the scalp to stimulate hair growth over the entire scalp, not just the crown. They are named for their flexible characteristics when binding to the hair follicle cells.

How does FLEX S1, 2 work?
Our researchers have found that DHT (dihydrotestosterone) hormone levels play a key role in the slow development of male pattern baldness, but there are other negative factors that "shut down" the hair follicle much faster by binding to a specific cellular receptor site on the surface of the hair follicle cells.

Once these negative factors bind to the specific receptor site and "switch off" the follicle, hair loss and thinning of the hair diameter can occur at a frightening rate.

FLEX S1, 2 work directly on these hair follicle scalp receptors and "switch on" the hair follicle. This not only places the follicles back into growth phase but stimulates the follicle to increase back to a normal diameter and colour.

What about the slick bald areas or temples, does FLEX S1, 2 work there?

We have found FLEX S1, 2 to initiate hair growth in all areas of the human scalp with equal potency. Furthermore, our researchers have found that even in slick bald areas of the scalp, all of the hair follicles remain, though in a miniaturized state. It now appears that all of the hair may be restored with continued application.

How well does FLEX S1, 2 work?

Growth in all subjects occurred within 40 days over the entire scalp. Tiny vellus hairs began to become darkly coloured and large (terminal) at approximately 90 days of application, please see the Photo section.

How long will it take to restore full density of hair?

That would depend on several factors, though our current theory estimates it to take between one third (1/3) and one half (1/2) of the time that a patient was losing their hair to replenish the scalp to full density. This may change as research proceeds.

Once available, will I have to use the treatment forever?

Once hair is restored to a cosmetically acceptable result, it is anticipated that the patient would have to continue application to ensure continued hair growth.

These are the questions that we are working hard at in a research setting now.

How often was FLEX S1, 2 applied?

In the initial study, the FLEX S synthetic peptides were applied in our SeaGulls delivery vehicle nightly.

Were there any negative side effects noted?

The only negative side effect noted was a contact rash in 5% of the subjects.

Is FLEX S1, 2 effective in other forms of hair loss?

We are currently testing other Flexible and Folding peptides in other forms of alopecia, but it is too early to determine effectiveness at this stage.
Artikel op http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_los...ic_Peptide.cfm

Citaat:
October 07, 2002 - Early clinical trials of a synthetic peptide are showing promise in regrowing hair in people suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia, a condition that affects 50 million men and 30 million women in America. WSMR's investigators have designed a synthetic peptide that activates an obscure receptor that sits on the surface of a patient's own hair follicle cells. This peptide was then used to activate the patient's hair follicles into growth phase.

The study demonstrates that it is possible to get the human hair follicle to recognize a synthetic peptide and the message from that peptide. The synthetic peptide sequence is called Flexible Peptide S (FLEX S) and is named due to its flexible binding characteristics on the hair follicle cells.

There are currently two separate sequences of FLEX S, both of which switch the hair follicle into growth phase.

"It now appears that we can restore all of the follicles on the scalp to a healthy condition, the implications are profound" said Slobodan Jankovic, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Centre for Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Dean of Medical Faculty, University of Kragujevac Yugoslavia and Scientific advisor to WSMR.

Jankovic went on to say "This indicates that even in slick balding areas of the scalp the follicles are just miniaturized and can be switched back on with the right synthetic peptide messenger."

All of the patients received a topical mixture containing the designer peptide (FLEX S) and a special liposome like adjuvant to enhance its uptake by the hair follicle.

"Safety isn't a problem, because the peptide is too large to get from the scalp into systemic circulation. It is almost like nature intended this peptide to induce hair re-growth and not get to the rest of the body." Said S.L (Bob) Hsia, Ph.D. Professor of Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery, liposome and skin biology expert from the University of Miami School of Medicine.

Dr. Hsia who also is a scientific advisor to WSMR, went on to say "The special design of the topical vehicle to take the FLEX S peptide to the hair follicle is key to the effectiveness."

"This synthetic peptide is amazing, it acts just like a "hair switch" turning on the follicles and making them begin growing hair again." Commented John Emerson, M.D. a practicing plastic surgeon and member of the Scientific Advisory Board of WSMR.

But Darren Green, Press consultant for WSMR cautioned, "Yes, it does appear that we have found a safe and completely effective treatment for hair loss, but constructing complex synthetic peptides like FLEX S 1 & 2 is currently very expensive. The product could not become commercially available until the cost can be reduced from the current level of almost $500 per month."
Klinkt allemaal wel hoopvol, weet iemand hier iets meer over?

Laatst gewijzigd door Tiuri; 9 januari 2007 om 18:29
RICK is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 13 december 2002, 14:50   #2
Robert18
HaarWeb lid

Robert18's schermafbeelding

Peptiden

Wat vinden jullie nou van die peptiden (Flex S wordt het ook wel genoemt geloof ik?) Is dit het wondermiddel waar we allemaal op wachten? Sommigen zeggen dat het allemaal een hoax is. Anderen spreken dit weer tegen. Dit las ik in een post op www.hairsite.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's easy to determine if WSMR is the real deal.
Date: 12/7/2002
Time: 8:05:24 PM
Remote Name: 24.46.52.228

Comments
Please... enough with the "WSMR is a hoax" nonsense. It's childish. Western States Medical Rearch does NOT deal with the public directly. It's a RESEARCH firm... not a marketing firm. It's NOT a public company, and they're not structured to deal with the public. That's why they don't offer a phone number. They don't want thousands of inquiries... they just want to oversea the biotech research performed by selected independent scientists worldwide. That's why they provide a link to Rubin & Rudman. Rubin & Rudman is one of the largest and most respected law firms in Boston, with a large Biotechnology department. Rubin & Rudman would only represent a HIGHLY CREDIBLE company like WSMR. Rubin & Rudman would never represent a "hoax." This is so insane. I deal with R & R all the time. I've even been to their offices. Anyone on this board can contact them. So where's the mystery??????
WSMR - the future is bright
Date: 12/8/2002
Time: 11:50:02 AM
Remote Name: 172.182.68.133

Comments
First of all - please note: ......WSMR is a "Drug discovery company" - they don't do PR.

Now that they have developed the S1 peptide to their satisfaction they are currently in negotiations with some major pharmaceuticals in order to develop the product for worldwide distribution. They are hoping that which ever company takes on the product - they will find a way to streamline the costs and be able to push it out for less than the current $500 - which is the actual cost of developing a months supply of the peptide solution.

Once this is achieved - the product will be available worldwide. There's no 'ifs' or 'buts' - and no need for speculation - the product is already out there - that is why glaxo have decided against releasing Advo for MPB - becuase the hype alone within the pharmaceutical industry points to a peptide takeover which will make pills such as propecia yesterdays snake oils.

please don't waste time on speculation - there is no need for it.
Wow!
Date: 12/8/2002
Time: 1:16:51 PM
Remote Name: 64.228.224.107

Comments
I am overwhelmed by the evidence you are providing! With all this hype surrounding this product, it's no surprise they don't need to test it before knowing that it works so well. Hey! If everybody is talking about it, then how can it not work!

You really opened my eyes! The mere fact that Glaxo is not releasing dutasteride for MPB is proof that this peptide works, and that the days of baldness are numbered!

It's amazing how great you can make yourself feel just by surfing the net!

take kare!

tk421

Toch wel weer enigszins hoopgevend, niet? Wat vinden/verwachten jullie van dit produkt?

WSMR Website (onlangs vernieuwd): http://www.hairswitch.com

Laatst gewijzigd door Robert18; 13 december 2002 om 15:02
Robert18 is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 6 januari 2003, 18:40   #3
alberto
HaarWeb lid

Als dit bericht klopt komt peptide eraan Nou alleen nog hopen dat het werkt en betaalbaar is.

http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcf...rum=DCForumID5

Citaat:
wsmr update"

I just got this info from another forum. I copied and pasted it: it is a auto reply somebody got from wsmr --

doug
unregistered user
01-06-03, 02:53 AM (EST)

"wsmr update"

I just got this info from another forum. I copied and pasted it: it is a auto reply somebody got from wsmr --

This is from somebody else not me but its interesting if true:

Auto reply from WSMR

Thank you for your interest in our company during this holiday season, please accept our apology for a slow response to the many questions.

The board has adjourned until January 9, 2003. We anticipate having before and after pictures for our hair peptide technology, as well as other updates to the site at this time...

Please look for national (USA) coverage of one of our products in the first quarter of next year, as well as a major pharmaceutical partner.
alberto is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 12 januari 2003, 09:26   #4
alberto
HaarWeb lid

Hairswitch wsmr

Op het moment lopen er diverse threads op hairsite over onregelmatigheden bij hairswitch WSMR. Het kon wel eens niet zijn wat wij er van verwachten.

Eerst een email van david (hairsite) dat de er een kleine vertraging is maar dat de communicatie met wsmr goed is:
http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcf...rum=DCForumID2

Maar dan komt het: scam ?
Oud 13 januari 2003, 10:19   #5
Nate
Senior

Nate's schermafbeelding

Alberto,
Ik heb de threadhs niet allemaal goed doorgelezen maar wat moeten we er nou van verwachten dan?
Wat klopt er nu niet helemaal aan het wsmr verhaal ?

Natuurlijk is het altijd afwachten met nieuwe producten totdat je ze zelf hebt uitgeprobeerd maar ik hoop toch dat het mogelijk wat kan zijn.

Russel
Nate is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 13 januari 2003, 17:37   #6
Nate
Senior

Nate's schermafbeelding

Cool

Farrel van HLH heeft foto's gezien van een testpatient.Hij was niet erg onder de indruk van de peptide maar er was wel hergroei na 5mnd.Ongeveer dezelfde resultaten als spooky met zijn zinc formule.Het bestaat dan toch wel degelijk.
We zullen wel zien.
Oud 13 januari 2003, 17:48   #7
alberto
HaarWeb lid

Hoi Russel

Het komt erop neer dat een paar oprichters van wsmr in het verleden "fout" zijn geweest.
- John Emersons licentie is ingetrokken.
- Green en Skinner hebben al acht bedrijven gehad die vreemd geeindigd zijn.
- Skinners licentie is ingetrokken
- verder geen patent aanvraag

Maar op het moment duikt iedereen erop en is er in het weekend een hele ophef over geweest.
Omdat er natuurlijk zoveel zg "wondermiddelen" zijn staat iedereen er erg wantrouwend tegenover en willen liefst direkt bewijs zien dat het werkt. Dit krijgen ze natuurlijk niet.

Hairsite gaat nu bellen met wsmr om e.e.a. op te helderen. Het kan heel goed zijn dat er niets aan de hand is. Het verleden van de mensen hoeft ook geen probleem te zijn als het product maar werkt.

We zullen even moeten afwachten dan horen we het wel.
Laten we hopen dat het allemaal goed afloopt.

Samenvatting van hairsite:
Oud 13 januari 2003, 17:58   #8
alberto
HaarWeb lid

Citaat:
Originally posted by Russel
Farrel van HLH heeft foto's gezien van een testpatient.
Kijk daar hebben we wat aan.
Waar heb je dat vandaan ?
Oud 14 januari 2003, 08:38   #9
alberto
HaarWeb lid

Post van Trey een van de deelnemers aan de "flex type 2" trial.

http://www.hairsite4.com/cgi-bin/dcf...wmode=threaded
Citaat:
Update on WSMR peptide"

(this same post will be posted on Hairsite, Hairlosshelp, #####, and alt.baldspot today by me)
Okay,

I emailed WSMR over the weekend as promised and had two conversations with them on the phone today. Here is an update on what is going on.

1. WSMR say they have not “dissolved” and are still working with the same doctors and moving forward with their peptide development.

2. The Flex 1 trial is now complete after a 6 month trial with 15 trialists. It ended in December. All 15 trialists had positive results, which will be posted on their web site very soon, probably this month. Their growth, however, is continuing.

3. Pictures will be updated as well, probably late next week.

4. Pants and I, and two others were never on Flex 1, but rather Flex 2. We are not part of the 15 trialists in Colorado. The difference between Flex 1 and 2 is that Flex 2 binds for 7 minutes instead of 15 seconds (the web site may say even more about this). I wanted Flex 2 since, in theory, it should work even better than Flex 1.

5. Pants and I (and the two other Flex 2 users) will be able to report our results to you on March 1st. -- an easy date to remember.

6. David Tse (moderator and owner of Hairsite) has been offered a three month supply and will be able to freely post his results without breaking any NDA contract. What David does is up to him, but I know the offer is there.

7. Neither the 15 trialists, nor the 4 of us on Flex 2 ever paid for the peptide.

8. They are not taking any new trialists at this point because they are monitoring the situation with the four of us on Flex 2 to decide the best way to move forward (Flex 1 versus Flex 2). We got a later start than did the Flex 1 trialists, and our peptide was adjusted once for the ph level to be correct.

9. They have received several hate emails from forum posters.

10. With me moving offices, packing, overloaded with work, and with a date of March 1 now set, I won’t be able to answer all of the questions that may result from this post, so please understand that. I look forward, to March 1, however, when we can finally, freely talk about our results. If I were in your shoes I would have grown impatient as well.

Okay, that’s all I can think of for now. The call with WSMR was only one of a slew of calls I had to make today, so I didn’t have a lot of time. It will be nice when the web site is updated so that more of your questions will be answered.

God bless and I’ll talk to you all when I can,

Trey

Laatst gewijzigd door alberto; 14 januari 2003 om 08:46
Oud 14 januari 2003, 16:18   #10
Nate
Senior

Nate's schermafbeelding

Bedankt Alberto voor de vele informatie.

Dat verhaal van farrel staat gewoon op het forum,maar dat zul je al wel gevonden hebben.
Oud 22 januari 2003, 23:55   #11
alberto
HaarWeb lid

Update over WSMR door Hairsite

Citaat:
HairSite
01-22-03, 04:44 PM (EST)

"WSMR update -"

I am NOT going to make any conclusions one way or another, just relating what I was told.
I have been in contact with 3 WSMR trialists (not Trey or Pants) since the negative news about WSMR broke out about two weeks ago. I have known 2 of the three trialists for a while, long before we came to know about WSMR's peptide treatment. I came into contact with the third trialist soon after news about WSMR peptide treatment broke out on the internet.

I did not initiate contacts with these three trialists. They were kind enough to contact me on their own accord after they read the negative news two weeks ago.

All three trialists have nothing but good things to say about one of the scientists behind WSMR. They all vouched that this scientist is genuine about finding a cure for hair loss, he is very knowledgeble and is one of the rare scientists who is willing to think outside the box so to speak. They also said that this scientist or researcher has been heavily involved since the beginning of their trials and is really passionate about monitoring the trial's progress and adjusting the formula when necessary. All three said they have no reasons to believe that the peptide treatment is a scam.

I was told that they are still learning as they go along but somehow my "PERSONAL FEELING" is that they are all making "satisfactory" progress since they changed the formula.

One trialist said he was given the ok by WSMR to speak about results if he chooses to. However, he indicated that he'd rather have HairSite relate "briefly" his results than posting directly in the forum. This trialist said he did not see noticeable results the first month. But ever since they fixed the pH balance, added DMSO and Dermaroller, he has been seeing steady results - results that are to his satisfaction.

That's all and THAHKS to the three trialists who contacted me. Much appreciated !

HairSite
Oud 23 januari 2003, 20:58   #12
Robert18
HaarWeb lid

Ik vind het erg jammer dat er op Haarweb geen discussie is over dit onderwerp! Haarweb laat het hier echt afweten vergeleken met Hairsite, dat vinnik erg jammer. Misschien proberen op één of andere manier meer mensen informeren over deze site en proberen de discussies aan te zwengelen? Zou alleen maar goed zijn denk ik. Ik durf te wedden dat de meeste mensen die alleen op Haarweb komen geen FLAUW idee hebben wat nou de situatie is met de peptiden van WSMR, laat staan dat ze er iets over gehoord hebben.
Oud 8 februari 2003, 00:37   #13
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

Dat is toekomstmuziek Robert. Je moet het nu doen met de middelen die voor handen zijn.
Rocco is offline   Met citaat reageren
Oud 8 februari 2003, 15:34   #14
Robert18
HaarWeb lid

ALS Flex S écht bestaat is het geen toekomst muziek. Zeker niet. De vraag is of we nou met een echt bestaand produkt te maken hebben die op dit moment getest word, of dat het hele verhaal een scam is. Als het allemaal echt waar is dan is Flex S in 1-2 jaar verkrijgbaar schat ik.

En voor mij zijn er geen huidige middelen. Ik ga echt niet met Finas/Duta m'n hormoonhuishouding in de war gooien. Ik ben pas 19.
Oud 9 februari 2003, 14:29   #15
Rocco
HaarWeb lid

Citaat:
Als het allemaal echt waar is dan is Flex S in 1-2 jaar verkrijgbaar schat ik.
Als ze zoiets beweren, dan houdt er maar rekening mee dat het dan ongeveer 3-4 jaar zal duren.

Citaat:
En voor mij zijn er geen huidige middelen. Ik ga echt niet met Finas/Duta m'n hormoonhuishouding in de war gooien. Ik ben pas 19
Alles blijft nog altijd een EIGEN keuze Robert, inderdaad, niemand zou met zijn hormonen willen spelen, maar men heeft geen keus.

De ware middelen ( ! ) zullen pas over een jaar of 7-10 op de markt komen.

Groetjes
Rocco is offline   Met citaat reageren
Reageren

Regels voor berichten