Webmaster
Your friendly webmaster

Webmaster's schermafbeelding

Geslacht:
Post Deel 2

Vervolg:

What other resources can you recommend?

Jennifer Raikes
The TLC Web site is a great place to start educating yourself about trich. There are many articles posted on the Web site and books and videos available.

The Hair-Pulling Problem by Dr. Fred Penzel is an excellent, quite comprehensive overview of trich as well as a self-help guide for behavior therapy.

The Hair-Pulling "Habit" and You by Ruth Golomb and Sherrie Vavrichek is an excellent self-help book for children.

Help for Hair Pullers by Dr. Nancy Keuthen is another excellent overview and self-help guide.

Those are the books I'd recommend. My documentary is also available on the Web site.

Jennifer, thanks for joining us. Do you have any final thoughts to add?

Jennifer Raikes
I would like to leave people with the thought that though this is a very frustrating disorder that affects us deeply, there are more sources of help every day and it is possible to control pulling and live a happy and fulfilled life.

So don't despair. Get out there and educate yourself as best you can. There is a wonderful community of people with this disorder who can help.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2003 ABCNEWS Internet Ventures.

Als je de behoefte hebt om te reageren op dit 'Vraag en Antwoord' - interview, dan kan dat in deze 'thread',

HaarWeb | De support-site voor en door lotgenoten met haarproblemen in Nederland en België

Huishoudelijk Reglement (Richtlijnen/Privacy/Disclaimer)
Code of Ethics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can be helping many people, but if you are not helping yourself,
you have missed the one person you were born to heal.'

~Alan Cohen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Laatst gewijzigd door Webmaster; 29 april 2003 om 12:01
Webmaster is offline   Met citaat reageren